Thursday, July 10, 2008

Out with the old... In with the new


Isn't it weird that you meet someone with the perceived notion that you will never really get to know them, they will always be acquaintances and then they move away or move on to better jobs and really look at the time you spent around or with them and are kind of sad to see them go? T0day is one of those days for me. You see we just had our "Goodbye" ceremony for our Captain. We also welcomed our new Captain today. Saying goodbye to the "old captain" was a little sad for me. He has been my husband's boss for the last two and a half years and a personal friend of mine. Being involved with the wives group like I am I have had many meetings with the Captain and have developed a friendship with him. I have watched the crew change and the wives change in the past two years and now to be saying goodbye is weird, good but weird. So with that I say Welcome Aboard new Captain, may you have wisdom to teach us new things, understanding when we need you to listen and patience in dealing with all of us.

No comments: