Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cooking with mom

Every so often we have those crazy times as mothers that make us think cooking with our children would be fun and it might not be SO messy!!! Well I tried it once again, silly me. Patrick came home with a school project which stated "Family Cookbook Project." At this point I believe the words "Oh No" came out of my mouth. I went on to read that they wanted the kid's favorite recipes and pictures of us making it together. Sounds like fun right? I then asked Patrick "What is some of your favorite foods that we can make together?" In the sweetest little voice he says "I like all your foods mommy." 2 questions then came to my mind...
1. What did he want?

2. How much does it cost?

I then asked well then what do you want to make. He decided on chicken tacos (odd since I have only made them a couple of times, but it is easy so I said OK.) and (oh no here it comes) Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting oh and sprinkles. Uh huh... There it was the catch. Anyone who knows me knows I am not a chocolate person. Never really cared for the taste even when I was little. For some reason I am a girl that was born with that link in my brain missing (No rude comments needed...) But being as since it was a school project and he had come up with the clever little plan to get me to do it, I just couldn't resist. Well I will let you see for yourself my crazy moments...

No comments: