Wednesday, September 17, 2008

asking for shamu already...


Today in the car on the way home from picking up Patrick from school he says "Hey mommy I know something I would like to do." Silly me asks "What is that Patrick?" then in a quiet little voice he says "I want to go on an amily vacasin!!!" In adult terms that is translated to a "Family Vacation" I said "Oh yeah where to?" That same sweet little voice said from the back seat "To see Shamu." With a big question I said "Shamu?" Silly me what was I thinking because at that moment I heard my husband ring loudly (keep in mind he is currently in the big ol' blue) "Uh Yeah you know that big whale, he's black and white." Suddenly I felt as if the word Duh should have followed closely behind that sentence.

Now let me explain why this was so funny to me. Every year we as military get tickets to either Sea World or Bush Gardens for free, as part of saying Thank you to those who serve our Country. So of course we go every year and due to the size of our children we go to Sea World for the sake of more stuff to do with them. Our family trips always have to work with Paul's time off which unfortunately isn't very much so it has worked out in the past to be right about now or the beginning of October, so I think Patrick is getting that funny feeling of it's time to take a Family Vacation. So in that spirit of Shamu I posted some pictures we have from our last trip... Enjoy

1 comment:

Momma J said...

are these the best views he'll be seeing of Shamu right now? :)