Saturday, August 23, 2008

I have decided that Doctors really don't have a clue!

As some of you may know my left side has been hurting a lot lately and I gave in and went to the doctor to try to "figure out what is wrong with me." My mistake! Now thanks to the military we have to go and see the clinic first and then go from there. I went and saw a "temp" doctor who examined me and then said he wants me to get an ultrasound of my kidneys because he is pretty sure I have kidney stones. So I go to the hospital on Monday only to get no answers because they are not allowed to tell you anything you must wait for your doctor to give you the results. Well my doctor finally says that I need to be on antibiotics to help with the severe kidney infection. GREAT! As my pain grew worse I finally went to the ER to get some answers only to find out they don't have a clue there either. Now I could be wrong but aren't all those years in medical school supposed to teach you something? After about 4 hours and tons of tests, plus blood work which by the way hurt like Hell, the doctor comes in to say well he may not be able to tell me what it is, but he can tell me what it isn't. Are you kidding me? Well I do not have kidney stones, but a severe kidney infection. As if that was bad enough he hit me with the news that I have cysts on my ovaries. Great thanks Doc. Now I am on a new antibiotic that is supposed to help with ALL my infection(s) and percocet for the pain. Woo hoo for me! What a great way to spend your day in the ER.

No comments: