Sunday, August 31, 2008

I am ready for something new...


I am so ready for Paul to get off this God forsaken boat. After 6 1/2 years on this boat I am ready to except the changes that comes with going to shore duty and not having a group of wives and direct support there to fall back on, not having "breaks" from my husband just as he starts to drive me crazy, not having to worry that if I screw up with my responsibilities it will make Paul look bad and most of all not having to listen to nagging, complaining, crazy ass wives who can't handle deployments and take it out on everyone else. You know not that I have spelled it out like this, I have NO idea why I was so nervous about it a few months ago and ever agreed to extend until July of 2009. What was I thinking?

I am so tired of listening to people talk about how they "value my time on the boat." Not to mention they say that they need my help and me to get something done, but not give me any information on how or when they want it done by, but then proceed to lecture me when it doesn't get done the way they wanted. Having to listen to promises that I know for a fact wont happen, but get told over and over that it will and then having to take the heat when my prediction of it not happening comes true.

Now I know what you are all thinking. I knew what I was getting myself into and it is my own fault for getting involved when I heard tons of warnings, but I guess I had to learn for myself, had to see that it is the same now as it was 22 years ago and that I was going to have to deal with stupid people. Man I hate life lessons. 2 more patrols to go and I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

uncle pat said...

experience is the worlds worst teacher. it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.

papa pat