Friday, June 27, 2008

Boy by day Punk rocker by night

Patrick has been in a serious need of a haircut for some time now and Paul has been spiking Patrick's hair after he gets out of the bathtub every night, so being the kind of kid that Patrick is he says "Mommy I want a spiky haircut." Paul looks at me and I say "Why not it's only hair, it will grow back." Right about now Paul is giving me this odd look like who are you and what have you done with my wife. I guess usually I would be the one to veto an idea like giving our 4 year old a Mohawk, but since it is still a month away from preschool and his hair grows so incredibly fast, I couldn't help but wonder what would he do if I actually agreed to cut his hair that way. I still don't think he believed me that I would do it, so today that is exactly what I did. I charged up the hair clippers and told Patrick it was time for a haircut. I sat Patrick down in the kitchen, took off his shirt, wet his hair and started cutting away. Well low and behold our 4 year old has his first of I am sure many Mohawks! Ahhh the joy of having a boy!

1 comment:

Momma J said...

Love the hair! We just gave the younger 2 haircuts so we can really play with it. One naturally looks awesome spiked, the other looks adorable with a fo-hawk.