Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering today


Today is September 11, 2009 and 8 years ago today our great nation was overwhelmed with fear, sadness, prayers and tons of tears. I can't even imagine what those poor people had to endure as they saw their lives flash before their eyes, both on the planes and also inside the towers. My thoughts go back to where I was. I remember watching the Today show as I was getting ready to head to work and watching footage of the 2nd plane hit and sat down on my bed in complete shock. I wasn't sure if it was clips from an upcoming movie or if it was real. When they reassured everyone that the footage was real my thoughts immediately went to Paul who was in boot camp. Not sure what was going to happen to him, if he was okay, if he was preparing to ship out. Overwhelmed with fear and tears I began to pray for his safety. I will never forget that day.

May we never, ever forget the sacrifice of those that fought and are still fighting for America and our freedoms...and may we continue to oppose those that challenge them.

No comments: